Wednesday, January 9, 2008

as i journey upon another phase of my life, the burden on my back becomes heavier. last Sunday, i went to the Australian universities seminar with chin tow and shuning. shuning awed at our determination in the pursuit for our passion. chintow loves music, but in this practical society. she has decided to take up dentistry instead.
nothing much to be amazed about for knowing your own directions and setting goals at our age. there are many people around me that are unsure of the path they would wish to take. and if asked "what course will i pick up in university", i will not hesitate to say architecture. this is my interest, it is passion.
however i do understand that interest and passion alone will not allow me to go far. but talent will. i doubt my talents but my passion shall never waver. i will take up a double degree (if possible). i will major in both architecture(coursework) and landscape architecture. it is still in the construction industry so my double degree will not offer me diversified job opportunities when i step out into the society.
***
Adelaide university(in Australia) offers a double degree for bachelor of design studies and bachelor of law together. but i will not press myself in my 1st year. i have big plans. and i hope to realise my big plans in the local university. if i am made to discontinue my studies locally, i will travel overseas.
if i were to go Adelaide, i will major both architecture(coursework) and landscape architecture in my 3rd year. i will then do my masters for both architecture(coursework) and landscape architecture. the school fees will be high. but the returns thereafter are even higher.
there are alot of "if(s)" in my big plan. i have to do so. because in order to fulfil my big plans, i have to have alternatives. only then will i have a foolproof plan.
my plan is big and it is foolproof.
***
today's my 1st day at work. days of rotting at home are over. days of rotting at work starts. horrid experience at the airport transit area. =.=
i was attached to a rude, impolite and unreasonable cashier(who is of course more senior than me). she was rude to the customers and she wasn't very helpful when it comes to having to teach me cashiering skills. so much for the Changi experience. =.=
she would shout at things that she think is not right but do not explain why is it not right to do so. her sudden burst of cry shocked the customers and me. the customers frowned. i frowned.
my legs were going to give way and my feet were sinking into my shoes. it hurts so bad, i had to excuse myself occasionally, so i can limp to the toilet and remove my shoes so that my feet could breathe. money sure don't come easy. *nervous laughs*
thank God, the horrid cashier is not my buddy. she's a temporary 1. her reluctance in teaching me cashiering skills was partly because i wasn't her responsibility. i'm working at 6am tomorrow. my "company taxi" will come at 5plus and the uncle will call at 4.30am to ask me for the exact pick-up location. so that means i will have to wake up at 4am.
*cries*
good night. =)
*jiayous to me!!*aja aja*

No comments:

Post a Comment